Safe Environments for Children and Young People (formerly Child Safe Environments)
Now Available to be Delivered ONLINE due to Covid-19 Using ZOOM
Child Safe Environments for Children and Young People is the training offered to people who work or volunteer with children and provides them the knowledge and understanding of their obligations under South Australian law. This course is Government approved in accordance with the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to child protection
- Values and attitudes
- Risk and harm: South Australian legislation
- Risk and harm: Abuse and non-abuse related trauma
- Sexual abuse and online grooming
- Safe organisations
- Reporting suspicion of risk and harm
There are two options for the delivery of Child Safe Environments for Children and Young people. Firstly, a full-day (7 hours) option for people new to mandatory notification, and refresher (3 hours) option for existing staff or volunteers every three years.
- We can deliver this at your organisation or a location off-site.
- In some cases, we can deliver the refresher version of this course within a week.
- Cost varies depending on the number of participants, the course delivered and location. Send an email to discuss.
- All participants receive a workbook and certificate upon completion.